- Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do. – Bruce Lee
- Scarcity brings Clarity – Sergey Brin
- The higher quality you put in, the better you get back.
- Close the Loop
- Iterate, Iterate, Iterate
- Good is the Enemy of Great
- Focus sells [link]
For Technology Entrepreneurs [link]
- Don’t enable – solve
- Don’t provide context – provide conclusions
- Don’t ask customers to build – ask them to use
The Top 10 Jack Welch’s Six Rules [link]
- Face reality as it is, not as it was or as you wish it to be.
- Be candid with everyone.
- Don’t manage, lead.
- Change before you have to.
- If you don’t have a competitive advantage, don’t compete.
- Control your own destiny, or someone else will.
Lessons from Amazing Amazon growth story and creating value for investors
- Be willing to enter new markets,
- Be willing to experiment and learn
- Don’t play “bet the company” by waiting too long
- Be willing to invest in trends – especially when existing competitors (and suppliers) are hesitant
the best way to avoid failure is to fail constantly – Jeff Atwood
When you don’t create things, you become defined by your tastes rather than ability. your tastes only narrow & exclude people. so create.
Disruption can replace a business that provides a service with a network that allows people to do it themselves. – Clayton Christensen
“When you sell a company, there’s four levels of money that you can make from it. When you sell a company, you can get new shoes, a new car, a new house or a new life.” – Tom Preston-Werner