NewGenLib – New Generation Library automation – Suneel V – A Case Study in OpenSource
- Two people – Core functional guy with 18 yrs of library management.
- Companies involved – Verus Solutions Pvt Ltd and Kesavan Institute of Knowledge Management.
- VTLS – best library automation software in US
- 13 lacs – cost of the lib automation back at least a decade ago
- First breakthrough Goa Library.
- 150 installations by 2007. Idea took shape in 2002. Development ended in 2004.
- In Jan 2008, NewGenLib was declared OpenSource. In the period following it, they had more than a couple of thousand downloads. [3500+]
- Ramesh asked this question “Would they have the same amount of downloads if the software was declared free but not opensource?”
Django Web Framework – Shabd – Ex-Oracle guy
- Demo session for building a blog/project management solution in Django.
- Time limit: 20 mins.