Hardcore way to do your startup – Nanda – www.atuitu.com.
About AtuItu: Social Network for telugu folks. Built on Ruby on Rails.
- Describe your product/startup in one single line
- Breakup your work into very small parts – modules – task for the days – not codes
- Every problem is a challenge – every achieved challenge gives a sense of achievement
- Do mistakes. Don’t worry about them.
- Be in the market and keep changing it based on the feedback.
- Focus on getting your product out. Let the users give you the response and feedback.
- Only dependent on yourself.
- Distractions – money to sustain, depressions. Be very guarded from any distraction.
- All about persistence.
Relevance of Rails to startups – Sumanth Krishna A
- One person – one idea – product.
- And basically the top ten of Rails – the usual drumming that is given for rails – DRY, convention over configuration, ActionModel, CRUD, partials, helpers, etc…
- Agile Development
- Huge debate on Rails vs PHP vs Ruby vs Django
- It quickly moved onto saying PHP is a language and Rails is a framework, blah blah. But then finally it boiled down to whoever already knew the language/framework and whoever was comfortable with the other.