obsequiousness is a huge understatement. this is chamchagiri at its worst – or call that ass-kicking of a kind that we will never ever see for some time together. ok, i feel lighter now..
oh sorry, seems like you are completely confused, dear reader. here goes, let me give you a background.
the hon’ble [irony intended] chief minister of andhra pradesh, mr y s rajashekhar reddy came to power in about mid 2004. and since then started gandhigiri albeit of a different kind
- hyderabad airport to rajiv gandhi international airport
- nagarhole national park renamed to rajv gandhi wildlife sanctuary
- rajiv gandhi institute of medical sciences
- indiramma scheme for rural development
- indiramma housing scheme
- indiramma women employment scheme
- intintiki indiramma [ghar ghar to indiramma]
- indiramma sambaralu [indiramma celebrations]
- west kandriga from east godavari renamed as indiramma graamam
- rajiv internet village project
- kukatpally housing board colony renamed as rajiv colony
the above list is just a tip of the number of schemes introduced since 2004. as you can observer, everything just about everything done by the congress government in ap has to be named either after rajiv gandhi or indira gandhi. just a gandhigiri of a different type, just too obvious to miss. two things to ponder over:
- are there no other national leaders of india, pre or post-independence who deserve to be named after?
- what have either of two have done for the state of ap? neither the chanakya, the late prime minister pv narasimha rao got such an honor inspite of all his accomplishments.